Friday, September 30, 2011

Dewey Beach - Crosstraining

We had a great sea food dinner last night.  This area is known for its crab, and I had the best crab cakes I have ever had; no breading, all crab.  But the highlight of the evening was watching the bartender pour our beers from the bottom of the cup.  The restaurant bar has a machine that makes a perfect pour, with little foam, through a hole in the bottom of a plastic cup.   The hole is then covered with a chip, which is properly positioned by a magnetic field.  We were so fascinated we were compelled to have several.  Today, after I did my laundry for the first time on the trip, we walked three miles to Rohoboth Beach for lunch (see above).  Since we hit the coast yesterday, we have been riding through several resort charming communities with nice homes on or near the beach.  However, the towns pretty much shut down after Labor Day.  Rohoboth and Dewey beaches are typical, except that Rohoboth Beach is very touristy, with lots of shops and a nice boardwalk.  After the six mile round trip walk, I went body surfing in the Atlantic.  It was a beautiful day and the waves were surprisingly good.  This is the first time I've ever body surfed in the Atlantic, since my previous experience swimming in this ocean was off Miami.  Tomorrow we head further south to Pocomoke, Maryland.

No comments:

Post a Comment