Sunday, September 25, 2011

Windsor Locks, CT to Fishkill, NY - 98 miles

First of all, I've decided to assume the information on my Garmin-bike computer as correct.  All the riders who have these satellite-based computers are getting the same information, which is different than that supplied by our tour company, CrossRoads Cycling Adventures.  For example, today's ride was 95 miles on our route map, but the Garmin and my legs say 98.  The Garmin also says we had a total of 7,600 feet of elevation gain, the sum of all the up hill climbs.  It was a beautiful ride through more picturesque forests in Connecticut and northern New York.  The weather was good again today and I had to break out the sun screen for the first time on this trip.  I wanted to take a picture of the welcome to New York sign, but there was none;  must be the budget cuts.  Sorry dear, no visual evidence that I entered the state where my lovely wife was born and raised.  Maybe I can take a picture on the way out, looking back.  But that won't come tomorrow because we will still be in New York as we head to Suffern, wherever that is.

2 comments:

  1. Trust the Garmin. I got a Garmin Edge 605 last year, and I trust it implicitly.

    Here's hoping that you'll have great weather tomorrow.

    Love the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Garmin 605 Edge as well. The weather today is supposed to be good with no wind. But we do have another climbing day. And I thought this route was all down hill.

    ReplyDelete