Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Suffern, NY to Somerset NJ - 66 miles

A complicated ride through southern New York and Northern New Jersey today.  Our route map (que sheet) had 66 lines, each of which is either a turn or a street crossing.  Most of the trip was through lovely, residential neighborhoods progressing from those with average homes to areas with large mansions.  As with our entry into New York, there was no indication of when we crossed the state line because we were on the back roads.  As was the case on the first day, I ended up leading our group, and for the same reason.  It turns out that when it rains (like on day one) or is foggy (like today),  everyone's glasses fog up and they can't see their que sheets.  Fortunately, my eyesight is good enough that I can see my que sheet and the road without my glasses.   I didn't realize my unique talent until I pulled into the first stop on the first day with about eight people behind me, all of whom asked me not to leave them on the next leg.  Somerset is 39 miles from Wall Street (a little too close for me), as our route is designed to skirt the New York Metro area.  Tomorrow, we head further south to Hammonton, New Jersey.

No comments:

Post a Comment